BRAND MANAGEMENT @ SGN
Welcome to the era of the BRANDS: to an age that is defined less by products and its features but by brands and the consumer´s experiences and transformations through brands.
The class is designed to give you an overview and understanding of the important role of brands in organizational and global success. You are introduced to „classical“ concepts, methods, and rhetorics, as well as to more modern ideas and theories of brand management. In addition to learning basic and advanced techniques, you will carry out small branding-projects to experience the power and limitations of brand management.
thur 23|3|17: WELCOME TO THE ERA OF (STRONG) BRANDS
fri 24|3|17: IT´S ALL ABOUT BEX (BRAND EXPERIENCES)
sat 25|3|17: STRATEGIES (POSITIONING, IDENTITY, ARCHITECTURE/EXPLOITATION, CULTURE, FUTURE) // INTRODUCING CARRIE, FUTUREFICTIONS & «MIME»
sun 26|3|17: to brand NOT THE BRAND // just do it…
mon 27|3|17: GROUP PRESENTATIONS // A GOOD BRAND MANAGER…
- please be prepared to present you favorite brand during the first class on thursday…
- for the saturday class: bring with you a symbol (product, poem, …) that best represents VIETNAM in your eyes…
for those of you who want to invest in a book on brand management I recommend:
- Stephen Brown: Brands and Branding. He is one of the most innovative marketing professors and wrote a very classical book on brands. amazon-link
- Kevin Lane Keller: Strategic Brand Management. The worldwide #1 book on the topic! amazon-link
- find here information about INTERBRANDS BEST GLOBAL BRANDS